ram·ble (\ˈram-bəl\) verb
- To move about aimlessly, or on a winding course
- To walk for pleasure; to amble or saunter.
- To talk or write incessantly, unclearly, or incoherently, with many digressions.
Hi, my name is Ransom Patterson (the bearded guy to the right). Rambles with Ransom is a chronicle of my adventures near and far. Whether it’s a weekend camping trip, a backpacking trek across Europe, or a caving expedition in Northern Ireland, you’ll find it all here.
These are the core values that guide my travel:
- Experiences > things.
- You don’t have to spend a lot of money to have an adventure.
- Slow down and pay attention.
- Travel on foot whenever possible.
- How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives (thanks, Annie Dillard).
In addition to writing about my own travels, I’m also interested in helping you plan your own. I’m particularly interested in solo travel, especially the unconventional and adventurous sort.
To receive travel tips and updates, you can subscribe to my email newsletter. I send it out every Thursday, and it includes new articles I’ve written, quick travel tips, and my favorite travel resources from around the web.
Sound like your kind of thing?